DO YOU KNOW HOW TO TREAT A DIABETIC WITH LOW BLOOD SUGAR (HYPOGLYCEMIA)?
A diabetic can suffer from low blood sugar and even become unconscious very quickly
KNOW THE ACTIONS!
1. If the person is unconscious place him or her on their side and check the airway, breathing and pulse.
2. Seek medical help immediately.
3. If the person is conscious, give a sugary drink like lemonade, orange juice or even a glass of water with at least 2 teaspoons of sugar in it.
4. Once the patient is fully conscious suggest they have a sandwich or piece of fruit
5. They should always seek medical advice following a hypoglycemic episode